We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We treat all information as private & confidential and manage it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), even when you are no longer a customer.
This notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis, on which any personal data we collect from you through our website, or that is otherwise provided to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’, in this notice refer to Superyacht Insurance Brokers Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10055805.
Our office is at 32 Threadneedle Street, London, UK, EC2R 8AY, and we operate the website: https://www.superyachtinsurancebrokers.com.
The data controller is Superyacht Insurance Brokers Limited.
Our Data Protection Officer is Robert Raymond who can be contacted by email at email@example.com, or by telephone on +44 (0)20 3053 8612, or by post at 32 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AY.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us through our website. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website. It includes information you provide when you:
- use our site; or
- subscribe to any products or services offered by us; or
- register to receive downloadable information, newsletters or other information.
The information you give us through our website may include your name, email, phone number, address and date of birth. Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect this basic personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal information.
Information we collect about you through our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect certain information such as:
- technical information which my include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used via the website to call our customer service number; and
- with respect to conventional telephone calls to our main office number we automatically record all incoming telephone numbers along with the date and time of call.
Information we receive from other sources. This includes information we receive about you:
- if you are a user of our services; and
- from our third-party service providers (including for example; insurance underwriters, insurance brokers, insurance intermediaries, credit agencies, office premises service providers, other professional service providers, contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers).
Information you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information is generally in connection with quoting, or arranging insurance products or services for you.
If you are a user, have been a user of our services, or make enquiries about the services we offer, your personal details will be recorded on our CRM database, emails, computers and IT systems.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s device. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a user and a website, and can be accessed either by the website or the user’s device. Cookies are created to improve your experience of a website – for example they are required for online transaction systems or for remembering you are logged into a site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being read. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and in turn improve our website by tailoring it to our customers’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data contains no personal identifiable information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We need to know certain personal information in order to provide you with the services that you have engaged us to provide and to assert our right to be compensated in return for those services.
Where you have given us your consent, we may send you information about other products that may be of interest to you by post, email, SMS, newsletter or contact you by phone (see Marketing Activities below).
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose unless you explicitly instruct us to do so.
All of the personal data we hold about you will be processed by personnel within either the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please be aware that your information may be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA).
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE HOLD
We will use this information
- to send you any information you have requested; and/or
- to provide you with the products or services you have requested; and/or
- where you have given your agreement, to provide you with news and information which we think may be of interest to you and with information about our products and services, if you no longer wish us to use your data in this way, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by selecting the unsubscribe button on our communications; and/or
- for the purposes of market mapping and customer base analysis so that we better understand the potential market for our services and can tailor our products and services to meet market and customer desires; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and/or
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep our site secure.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other individuals or organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where the processing is necessary to provide insurance products or services for you; or
- where you have otherwise provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way; or
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you; or
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted with us in the course of dealing with you (for example; insurance underwriters, insurance brokers, insurance intermediaries, credit agencies, office premises service providers, other professional service providers, contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers). Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to us, or you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our prospects and customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if you make a claim against us (such as our legal advisors and insurance providers).
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your personal data within the timeframes allowed by law and for so long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. The length of time we keep your data will depend on the type of personal data we have collected. Please contact us at email@example.com for details of any specific retention period.
Where you give us your consent, we will also use your personal data in order to send you marketing communications in connection with the following marketing activities and services:
- emails, text messages, phone calls or newsletters – to keep you up to date with our news and activities; or
- emails, text messages, phone calls or newsletters – to advise you of new products or services we have to offer.
You decide how you want us to contact you, whether by mail, email or by phone or text message (SMS/MMS) and you can update your communication preferences at any time by telling us when changes occur. From time to time we may also send you a communication to update and refresh your communication preferences.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you; and
- right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete; and
- right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records; and
- right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing; and
- right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation; and
- right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing; and
- right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling; and
- right to judicial review – in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why; and
- you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a concern about your personal data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 020 3053 8612. You may also withdraw your consent to direct marketing by clicking the unsubscribe button on any of our communications.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
LAST UPDATED 07/08/2018